Opportunities of the Month! August 2008
What does this mean?
Calling all entrepreneurs: Listed below are fields in which we have investors waiting to invest! This continually updated list represents the preferences of investors who are closely allied with Stern Fisher and have expressed their eagerness for sound investment opportunities. So if you’re an entrepreneur whose business fits any of the following categories, contact us immediately, as you are extremely likely to get funding!
Note that this is only a small fraction of the entire set of investors that Stern Fisher can connect you with. So even if your business does not fit any of the categories on this list, contact us nevertheless, and we’ll work tirelessly to connect you with the investor that’s right for you!
Here are the Opportunities of the Month for August 2008:
1. Web-based software companies in California and the Midwest.
2. Growth / Pre-IPO funds.
3. Health-care, hospitality, lifestyle. In stages: greenfield, early stage, growth or buyout.
4. In Northeast Ohio (the 21 county region including Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, and Wayne counties).
5. ICT companies in the Nordic Region (Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden)
6. Early stage and mid-market companies in IT, Engineering and Healthcare.
7. Start up companies in the area of New Media / IT / Telecommunications and High-Tech / Industrial Solutions.
8. Companies (in any stage of development) operating in sectors related to the four postal businesses - Courier, Financial Services, the Package Express and Network Services. (Especially for, but not limited to, EU based companies).
9. Companies in Canada, valued in the C$30 million to C$250 million range, requiring investment between $10-$100 million.
10. Technology-based companies (in the EU and opportunistic on US & Canada) with initial sales, that are involved in Cleantech and/or New Materials. (Preference for early-stage ventures).
11. Companies (requiring investment between € 5 million and € 25 million per engagement) in Germany and other European countries. The investment focuses on technological leaders in the German Mittelstand.
12. Companies in the TMT (technology, media and telecom) sector.
13. ICT companies in North America and Europe
14. Companies in Germany or Poland, and in any of the following industries: media & entertainment, marketing services, internet & ecommerce, renewable energy & clean technology.
15. Companies in Digital Media and Consumer Services (emerging internet-based media and advertising platforms; online communities and viral social networks; games/video entertainment infrastructure software and services; mobile applications and content including games, videos and music). Also, companies in Enterprise and Communications Software (solutions addressing information overload; enterprise compliance and control; global transition to IP-based networks; emerging enabling technologies such as IMS; convergence plays between mobile, international and other platforms).
16. Cleantech companies (Technology-driven companies developing solutions that optimize the use of natural resources while reducing environmental impact in ways that enhance economic value) in early- and expansion-stage businesses, primarily in Europe and North America, seeking investment in the following three key sectors: Energy; Materials; Water and Nutrtion.
17. European technology and life sciences companies.
18. Technology, media and telecom ('TMT') in Russia, Baltic States and other Central and Eastern European countries.